The South Africa 40 (SA 40) Index is a collection of the top 40 listed companies trading on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The top 40 companies are ranked by full market value in the FTSE/JSE All-Share Index.
Binary Trading SA40 Index
Some of the main features of the index include:
- Both total return versions and capital of the index are available to trade on
- To make sure the index is always tradable, shares are liquidity is always screened
- Shares are typically free-float weighted. This is done to ensure that only the opportunity set which is investable, is included within the index itself.
- The SA 40 index is calculated in accordance withthe Industry Classification Benchmark
- The SA 40 is suitable for the development of other financial products. Products such as index funds,warrants, certificates and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
- The indices are managed according to a clear, transparent and public set of rules. In addition, this is looked after by an independent committee of top market professionals and analysts. The committee ensures that the rules are correctly applied and adhered to. Often, regular reviews take place to make sure that an ongoing and clear view of the market is kept